- Teams are made up of 2 participants.
- Each team must remain together throughout the event. Together means within 5m of each other at all times. There will be random checkpoints throughout the course and teams not meeting this requirement will be disqualified.
- Athletes are required to carry all their equipment and clothing with them at all times during the race. Athletes failing to finish the course with all the equipment they started with will be disqualified.
- Floatation assist devices are allowed but must not exceed 100cm x 60 cm
- Swim caps must be worn during each swim leg.
- Race bibs must be visible at all times.
- Swim fins are allowed but may be no longer than 15 cm measured from the end of the toes to the end of the fin.
- Participants must follow the marked race course. Failure to follow the course will result in disqualification.
- Participants must show respect to other participants, race marshals, volunteers and officials. Use of offensive language or physical force towards another person may result in disqualification.
- Littering is strictly forbidden.
- Illegal drugs and alcohol are prohibited on the race course.
- Pacing or other assistance from non-participants is not allowed.
- Any solo or team withdrawing from the event before finishing the course must notify a race official as soon as practicable.
- Each athlete is required to carry a hydration system capable of holding 1L of fluid at all times.
- Each team or solo must carry a first aid kit at all times.
- Each athlete must carry a whistle at all times.
- Report any medical concerns to a marshal ASAP. Marshals will be wearing bright orange t-shirts and will have contact with medical staff at event HQ.
- In the event of a medical emergency or other critical incident follow the direction of race marshals.
- All athletes encountering anyone in need of help will provide assistance as possible and notify a race marshal ASAP.
- If a medical or other emergency is encountered or experienced on course use your whistle to summon help. Use 3 short blasts followed by a pause, repeated as necessary until help arrives.